- St Peter's Virtual School»
- Children's Virtual School»
- Learning at Home»
- Year 3 - Week beginning 2nd June»
- Reading - Y3 w/c 2nd June»
Reading - Y3 w/c 2nd June
Every day you should read for about 20 minutes.
Continue with your daily reading of 20 mins.
This week we are going to focus on understanding why authors sometimes do certain things.
After you have read ask an adult to ask you some of these questions…
- How does the author engage the reader and make you want to read on?
- Why do you think the author uses short sentences?
- How do short and longer sentences change the pace of the story?
- Why has the author used this language in this part of the text?
- Do you like the author’s style? Explain why
- Can you think of another author which has a similar style?
- Can you think of another author which has a different style?
You can also click on this link to watch a video about understanding what authors do and then play a game.
Click on this link to watch the video and play the game: