- St Peter's Virtual School»
- Children's Virtual School»
- Learning at Home»
- Year 3 - Week 2»
- Maths - Y3 Week 2»
Maths - Y3 Week 2
Every day you should do some maths learning for at
least 20-30 minutes.
You might like to start your learning each day by spending 10 minutes on Timetables Rock stars.
This week, we are learning about Measures, including time.
- Go on to Discovery Education and visit these 2 areas.
- Become for familiar using seconds, minutes and hours.
- Then, try to complete as much of this sheet as you can. You can write the answers on paper.
Design a physical obstacle course with whatever space you have at home. Become more familiar with using seconds and minutes to time yourself (and other family members if they want to) completing the course.
You could also time yourself doing other activities so that you are confident using seconds, minutes and hours.
How long does it take you to make your bed or get changed?
How long does it take you to clean your room or wash the car?
How many hours did you sleep for? Can you work out how many minutes that is?
The more practise you get using seconds, minutes and hours the better!