- St Peter's Virtual School»
- Children's Virtual School»
- Learning at Home»
- Year R - Week 2»
- Phonics - Week 2»
Phonics - Week 2
Every day you should do about 10 minutes of phonics
These are the sounds that we are learning this week:
New tricky words: are, her
Here is our teaching sequence for this week:
Some games that you can play
- How many things can you find with these sound in them? i.e. chair, butter.
- Place the four sounds ear, air, ure, er in the four corners of a room or four spaces on the floor. Ask someone to call out the sounds? Can you run to the correct one? How fast can you get there?
- Act it out. Think of a word containing one of the new sounds i.e. beard. Mime this word to a family member. Can they figure out what word/sound you have used?
- Hide and seek. Hide the letters a, r, e, h, e, r around the house. Can you find them all? Can they then arrange them to spell out the new tricky words ‘are’ and her’.