- St Peter's Virtual School»
- Children's Virtual School»
- Year R - Week beginning 13th July»
- R.E - YR w/c 13th July»
R.E - YR w/c 13th July
Our RE Topic is called ’Our World’
This is the last lesson in our topic called ‘Our World’.
Last week we learnt that God asked us to take care of his world. We learnt about the importance of saving water and how this helps others around the world.
By the end of the topic we want you to know and understand…
- What we love and wonder about our world.
- God gave us this wonderful world.
Time for thought….
God created the world. God was pleased with the world. Everyone shares God’s world.
Ask the children if there is anything they wonder about….
- How wonderful is our world?
- How could we make God’s world even more wonderful?
- What would happen if we did not look after our world?
- What we love about our world?
- What fills us with wonder about our world?
- How we would feel if we did not work together to share God’s world?
- How does CAFOD help to make a fairer world?
God said "Take care of my world"
Draw a picture of something that is wonderful in our world e.g. animals, flowers, friends, family.
Adult writes underneath the template what the child says in response to “How can you take care of God’s wonderful world?
Our Class Prayers
You could also practise our class prayers with your grown ups
Oh my God, you love me.
You're with me night and day.
I want to love you always, in all I do and say.
I’ll try to please you Father, bless me through the day.
Bless us O Lord as we sit together,
Bless the food we eat today.
Bless the hands that made the food,
Bless us O Lord.
End of the Day Prayer
At the end of the day, we sit and say.
Thank you God for a lovely day.
We tried to be good, for we know that we should.
And that’s our prayer,
at the end of the day.