Reading - Y5
Every day you should read for
about 20 minutes.
Remember – reading is more than just fiction books; you could also try reading: play scripts, poetry and non-fiction. Below are some activity ideas that you could complete once you finish reading a text:
1. Write a book review
2. Create a word search or crossword with some key vocabulary
3. Design a new front cover for the book
4. Write a diary entry from the perspective of a character
5. Introduce a new character that would fit into the dog
6. Make a poster about the book
7. Create a comic strip from the book’s narrative
8. Rewrite the ending of the book to make it more exciting
Feel free to do a different activity if you can think of something more exciting!