- St Peter's Virtual School»
- Children's Virtual School»
- Learning at Home»
- Year 1 - Week beginning 2nd June»
- Topic Y1 w/c 8th June»
Topic Y1 w/c 8th June
Activity 1 - RE
Our RE topic is ‘Holidays and Holydays’
Holy Days, like holidays are times for celebrating and enjoyment.
We relax from ordinary life and think about other things.
Holy Days are special times for thinking about the life of Jesus and about God the Creator’s love and care for us. This is Good News.
The Holy Spirit guides us and gives us strength and courage to share that Good News with others.
Watch this video and remind yourselves of the story of Pentecost and how the disciples spread the Good News.
- Now it’s your turn to spread the Good News about God loving us.
- How could you do this?
- Here are some ideas. You could make a big banner, a hat, message out of natural materials, a flag…….
- Try to include some of the important words from the story of Pentecost if you can.
Activity 2 - Science
Your challenge this week is to complete your design for your Secret Garden.
Ask an adult to read the extract below and start to imagine what your garden would look like.
This is the exciting bit: Your design can be an entry into the RHS Secret Garden Competition with lots of amazing prizes to win!! Have a look at the link below! https://schoolgardening.rhs.org.uk/Competitions/The-Secret-Garden ask your adult to submit your entry! Due to lockdown the closing date has been extended into the summer.
● Draw your design on an A4 sheet.
● Think of features you would like. A stream? A treehouse? A trim trail?
● Design what kinds of flowers and trees you would like and name them.
● Think of areas in your garden for wildlife: plants bees would like, a home for hedgehogs, places for birds to nest and feed.
● When finished take a photo of it to post on Tapestry for us to see!
● Optional-Ask an adult to enter your design into the competition and let us know!
Activity 3 - Geography
Our new topic is Seasides! Watch this video all about a trip to the seaside.
We would like you to role play going to the seaside.
- What would you bring?
- What would you wear?
- What might you do there?
- How would you feel?
- Who would go with you?
Activities -Choose one of these to do:
- Can you make or draw a picture of a beach at home? You could draw a picture of you on the beach and label the things that you've taken with you?
- You could record a message on Tapestry and tell us about a trip you have had to the beach.