Volunteering in School
At St Peter's we welcome volunteers to support the work of the school and to support those wishing to gain experience in a school setting. The types of activities that volunteers are engaged in include:
- Changing the Home Reading Books
- Helping out with activities in school which benefit from a higher adult:child ratio e.g. cookery, sewing
- Listening to children read
- Sharing your experiences e.g. from your job or home culture
- Accompanying school visits
We want all volunteers at St Peter's to feel welcome and confident in their role. We have produced an information leaflet so that volunteers understand the important part that they play in ensuring that all children are safe and what is expected in terms of confidentiality. We hope you will find it useful and informative.