Writing Y1 w/c 13th July
This week we would like you to write some instructions.
We would like you to design your own obstacle race.
You will need to think of 5 things you would like your competitors to do. Think about what you have got in your garden or outside area and plan with this in mind.
- For instructions you will also need numbers to show which order to do the events in!
- In instruction writing we need to use lots of ‘VERBS’. Verbs are doing words. See if you can underline the verbs in your instructions.
- Use the powerpoints to help you learn more about how verbs are used and exciting verbs you can use.
- The verb posters attached will also give you words you can use.
- Once you have written them we would like you to test out your race either with members of your family or classmates in your Bubble.
- You could also use your cooking/ DT activity to support your writing this week! Describe your fruit salad using lots of super adjectives!
Once you have written your obstacle course instructions, we would like you to test out your race either with members of your family or classmates in your Bubble.
Keep remembering this criteria whenever you write:
practise what you want to say in your head before you write
use a capital letter and full stop
leave spaces between words
sound out words - use the sound mat provided.
Extra challenge: using and or because
Including ‘WOW’ adjective