- St Peter's Virtual School»
- Children's Virtual School»
- Learning at Home»
- Year 1 - Week beginning 2nd June»
- Writing Y1 w/c 8th June»
Writing Y1 w/c 8th June
Alphabet Letter Names
This week we are going to focus on the alphabet and knowing letter names. Try to practise singing the alphabet song, but also spelling words using the letter names not the sounds!
This video will help you:
Dance along to this alphabet song
This week's challenges:
Whether you are learning at home or at school, you can complete the same challenges this week.
- Can you spell out your name just using the letter names?
- Ask an adult to spell out words just using letter names. Have a go at writing the words. Here are some words to try:have, put, are, you, they, said
- Write some 'Super Sentences' about what you have been doing. If you need help with a word, see if a grown up can help you to spell it using letter names.
Remember your super sentence criteria whenever you write a sentence:
- practise what you want to say in your head before you write
- use a capital letter and full stop
- leave spaces between words
- sound out words - use the sound mat provided.
- Extra challenge: using and or because
- Including ‘WOW’ adjective