This week you are going to plan your own party to celebrate VE Day on Friday.
Start off by reading this e-book with a grown up or an older brother or sister
After you have read the book, think and talk together about:
- What you have learnt about VE Day. Was there anything really interesting?
- How do you think everyone felt on VE Day?
This year is a very special VE Day and the whole country is going to celebrate
together, at home.
Choose some of these activities to do every day to help you get ready for your party.
Your grown-ups can help you choose which one of these ideas to do.
- Make an invitation to your party for someone who lives in your house, or for one of your teddies. Make sure you tell them then when the party is and what time it starts.
- Make a menu for your party. Remember that everyone is celebrating so they would like some tasty food to eat.
Art & Craft
Decorate your home in red, white and blue for your celebrations:
- Paint, draw or colour in the Union Jack and put in in your party space, or in your windows for everyone to see.
- Make paper chains from strips of newspaper or old magazines glued together and hang them in your party space.
- Make paper hats to wear for your party.
Cookery & Baking
What will you have to eat at your party?
- Use our simple recipe to make some cakes or make something else of your choosing.
- If you can’t bake, maybe decorate some biscuits instead.
- Make some sandwiches for your family to share
You can’t have a party without music and dancing! This is a very famous song from the time of the war:
Maybe try some of the dance moves that you can see in the video - or make up your own!
Friday 8th May - VE Day
Happy VE Day - Enjoy your celebrations!
Make sure that you take lots of pictures and share them with us on Tapestry.